The BCWAC Legislative Tracking Chart
The Bucks County Women’s Advocacy Coalition tracks legislation at the state and federal levels that would support (or hamper) women and their families in their quest for economic self-sufficiency.
All bills listed are in line with our agreed-upon Principles. Each proposed legislation is vetted by specialists in the area as well as other appropriate committee members. This document gets reviewed and updated monthly. The Legislative Tacking Chart is an important resource to check when considering support or opposition to proposed legislation.
- “Medical consultation and judgment” required,
- Abortions limited to less than 20 weeks (note: ultra sound done at 20-weeks is when fetal abnormalities are usually discovered).
- Abortion is performed in a hospital using a procedure “which provides the best opportunity for the unborn child to survive” and a second physician present to take control of the fetus upon complete extraction for “medical care to preserve the life and health”. (Assumes that means a C-section.)
- Outlaws D&E procedure with two physicians making judgment for life or death of the mother exceptions.
- Physician is charged with third degree felony if s/he violates this ban.